Friday, January 20, 2017

An early morning walk sets the tone for the day and keeps us healthy


My beautiful Vanda orchid in flower
This is the ramp to the left that is currently under reconstruction. A big job for some,
but my Mr. DIY makes it look easy.
Some mornings when I get out of bed my day's itinerary isn't determined, however by 8 o'clock I usually have a list of things in my mind that I will  try to accomplish. If I don't so be it. An early morning walk around 5.30am-6 am, before the heat of the day rocks in, certainly stimulates the thought processes and as I walk along admiring all of the gardens along the way I find that my mind becomes clarified, priorities emerge and a pattern for the day is set in place. This is so different to when I was working when my day was often dictated before I even arrived at work. I have always been and I still am at times a high achiever, however now that I am retired it is wonderful  not to feel pressured to achieve every day.

As my amazing and calming husband so succinctly says to me, "You know you can't save the world every day with your achievements. So true, however if we all try a little each day, hopefully the world will be a better place."

Have a calm, enriching and enjoyable weekend to whoever might stop by to read my blog.

Warmest wishes
Pauline


(c) 2014 Copyright by Hope Pauline McNee

4 comments:

  1. I have only recently found your blog and I am inspired. I too am recently retired and found that initially I was focused on "freedom from", but then realised I needed to change this to "freedom to". And, yes, it is a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a little while to adjust to the lack of structure in my day,but I don't think I could go back to it now. Enjoy retirement Wendy and it is so nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pauline, thanks for visiting my blog. I have been retired for three years now and it was interesting to read that you were involved with libraries as I used to work in a school library. The orchid in the photo is absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chel, Thankyou for visiting my blog too. It is really nice to still have a network with Librarians who share the same interests in retirement. Yes, I love my orchids which I inherited from my Mum and have become quite a passion with me.

      Delete

(c)2014-2024 Copyright on articles and photographs by Hope Pauline McNee.
Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note - I love hearing from you.
If you would like to receive follow up comments, simply click the "Notify me" link to the right of the "Publish" and "preview" buttons.
Comments containing personal or commercial links will not be published.